The mission of this working group is to be a forum for discussing and developing reference material standards for microbial researchers.
The goals of the group include:
Collating and disseminating information about existing reference material standards;
Advocating for the reporting of data from reference material standards; and
Advancing their availability and usefulness
Panel Discussion Thursday January 27, 2021
History, challenges, and opportunities in the use of microbial reference materials.
- Moderator: Dr. Katrine Whiteson, Associate Professor, Department of Molecular Biology & Biochemistry at UC Irvine and Co-Director, UCI Microbiome Initiative
- Dr. Jacques Ravel, Editor-in-Chief of the journal Microbiome and Associate Director, Institute For Genome Sciences @ University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Dr. Chrysi Sergaki, Scientist at NIBSC leading the development of the first WHO Whole Cell Reference Reagents for the microbiome
- Ryan Sasada, Product Manager at Zymo Research focused on microbial reference materials
- Dr. Steve Miller, Professor and Director, UCSF Clinical Microbiology Laboratory